Monthly Archives: March 2013
Well, today I stepped down as the Lead Front End Ordering Engineer at Market America. Since I started in January 2010 I have had the chance to meet and work with a bunch of amazing people. I managed to learn many things during my time there, but all good things must come to an end. It was not an easy decision to make but it was time to pass the torch and move on.
I will miss the family I have made there; none more than the other members of the Ordering team I have spent years in the trenches with. I love all you guys and wish you all the best!
Just a quick note, the Stripe Java API I have been working on is now up on GitHub. I have not had a chance to work on it lately, but I have been meaning to get it up there.
I wanted to go ahead and push out my latest update on the Stripe Java API I have been working on, but due to an extremely crazy schedule, I am afraid I cannot attach much documentation now. I hope to remedy that in the future as soon as my schedule lightens up a little. Here is the stripped down CFC. Currently it is able to process a charge as well as grab a list of events from Stripe. Here is the code.
As an example of how to use the CFC, here is a small demo.
A few things to note here. To get around having to javacast the expiration month and years to ints, if you pass them as string values they evaluate correctly. This also applies to the amount field. Any parameter you are allowed to pass according to the java API documentation should work just fine.
I have setup a few servers the last few days and I have finally honed my nginx/Railo configuration down to the point where it is about as good as it is going to get. The actual server configuration is minimal; set the host name and the log file location and you are done. Everything Railo needs to run is set in an include file that can easily be added to any site.
As a quick example, here is an example host file:
The host configuration is straight forward. Next we move on to the Railo connector:
The Railo connector is pretty much a rehash of my other posts, with a few differences. Every thing is now contained in the include instead of just the main connector. This handles the main rewrite block (supporting SES URLs out of the box), locks down the Railo admin so that it cannot be accessed directly as well as hiding the admin in /secret/location/(web|server).cfm.
Also I have added the extra proxy parameters to the Railo admin proxy. This should keep you from banging your head on the desk for a few hours wondering why you Railo context seems to be pointed somewhere else since the host headers are not getting proxied to Railo. It was a bit of an oversight in the original posts.